The Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity is the oldest international dental organization. Alpha Omega (AO) also has the distinction of being the oldest international Jewish medical organization.
Our Mission: To offer dentists, oral health professionals and students a welcoming fraternal community that honors the organization’s Judaic heritage, provides opportunities to attain professional excellence and promotes access to oral health care for all.
Our Vision: Alpha Omega envisions communities where everyone has access to oral health care and whose members can contribute to the well-being of others.
Integrity: Acknowledging and demonstrating that our core values guide our commitments and actions
Compassion & Inclusion: Engaging all who share our core values to participate in our efforts to realize our vision
Generosity: Sharing our knowledge, skills and resources to promote oral health as well as personal and professional growth
• Access to oral health and wellness
• Promoting social justice
• Tikun Olam (Repair an ailing world)
Community Outcomes: Establishing and nurturing high-trust networks and relationships to realize our full potential for personal growth and professional achievement. Providing avenues for oral health professionals to contribute to improve the health and wellbeing of their local and global communities.
• Provide high-quality and diverse continuing education opportunities
• Nurture oral health care students by inclusion in alumni activities as well as mentorship by individual alumni
• Engage alumni families through locally hosted social gatherings
• Engage and welcome all dental professionals to share our vision and principles
• Raise awareness of the integral nature of the Alpha Omega Foundations, funds and trusts to the realization of our mission and vision, especially its support for dental education in Israel
• Increase awareness and advocate for improved access to oral health care throughout the world
• Partner with like-minded organizations to promote social justice and improve oral health, such as donating our time and talent for the care of Holocaust Survivors in need.