Alpha Omega offers dental students the opportunity to conduct two-week externships. Locations are dependent upon a connection with an alumni chapter. The exact type of externship varies from city to city, and is completely under the direction of the local alumni chapter NOT International Alpha Omega or the externship chairperson.
- The Los Angeles externship requires the participant to arrange for his or her own accommodations and transportation while in LA. There is a limit of two externs only each year.
- The London externship offers a program at Guys Hospital to observe student and postgrad training. In addition, private office visits enable the student to observe delivery systems, both "private" and "National Health."
- Most cities will accept a MAXIMUM of 2 externs. Seattle will accept only 1 extern for 2 weeks, or 2 externs for 1 week each.
- Externships to other cities may be able to be arranged only if they have a local alumni chapter willing to participate.
- Preference will be given to those students that joined AO during their first or second year of dental school and are active in their student chapters and meetings.
How to Apply
An application for next year's program is here
. Please return the completed application with your picture, your transcript and letters of recommendation from your student chapter president, your regent and an alumnus member. You may also want to include a letter of recommendation from one of your instructors.YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY FEBRUARY 28. PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 1 WEEK FOR DELIVERY. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THAT DATE WILL BE PLACED ON A WAITING LIST.
For additional information, please contact:
Dr. Mark Luria
6973 Carlyle Crossing
West Bloomfield, MI. 48322
Two-week externships available in:
- Washington, DC
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- New York